The Islanders don't play again until a weekend back-to-back in Florida, but as always we'll find topics to chew. Coverage here and around the league:
- They tossed 41 shots at Robin Lehner, but the Sound Tigers still lost again, 3-0, to Binghamton. Kevin Poulin stopped 24 of 26. "After Bridgeport went 20-2-0-4 to begin 2012, it has lost five in a row in regulation." Man, hockey.
- Coverage of the Evgeni Nabokov one-year extension, which we mused about here and discussed earlier in this FanShot: Newsday: Strange journey | Nabby: "Great group of guys" | IPB: "Buying In" | NYI FYI: No more about last year | AP | Sporting News: Trade bait? | Video at the official site
- This FanPost with screenshots of some Isles D coverage received a ton of recs, so check it out if you haven't already.
- On Jesse Joensuu: Why one observer will miss HV71's "answer to Milan Lucic." [Google Translate]
- Ryan Strome's playoff journey begins. [Buzz the Net] [IceDogs face unlikely 8th seed] [Plymouth, Niagara hold hot hand]
- Sound Tigers fights: McNeely vs. Reid. McLaren vs. Gillies. And here are the Haley vs. Moore fights [Round 1 ... Round 2]
- Sound Tigers ATO: Gron
- Jiggs' chirp of Butch seconds after Josh Bailey's goal.
- Flames underpaid and overpaid (by GVT) players. Can you guess where Blake Comeau falls?
- USCHO on Anders Lee staying in college: "I plan to continue to develop all aspects of my game and hope to someday pursue a career in the National Hockey League with the New York Islanders."
- FanPost: No matter what you think of the coach, here's a list and discussion of known NHL candidates.
Last night the big swings in the bubble were Buffalo winning 3-0 in Montreal, while Florida lost to Carolina. At the top, the Rangers got past the Red Wings in OT, the Canucks lost to the Blackhawks in OT, and the Blues fell to the Ducks in regulation. The Canes are now one point behind the Jets -- which is impressive for the Canes, but really a bad sign for the Jets.
- From those games: Sean Bergenheim keeps it classy. Keith elbows D. Sedin.
- Shane Doan got three games for his elbow on Jamie Benn. [Suspension video]
- A little NCAA hockey tourney primer.
- Honestly, a good read fro SB Nation's hub: Helmets, Game Speed And The Shifts That Dramatically Changed The NHL - SBNation.com
- Bahaha. If Ben Eager throws a tantrum in the box, shouldn't he pay for camera casualties?
- This might not be obvious: If you’re among the top NHLers in shots-per-game, you’re probably among the top NHLers period | Backhand Shelf
- So this then: SPORTSbyBROOKS " The Genius of C-Span (and a Boozy Chris Berman)
- McDive for McDavid.
Parting: Are you on a scavenger hunt, or did I just forget to pay my dinner check?