Nobody beats the Wishart. - Paul Bereswill
Through that age-old hockey scenario known as the overtime 3-on-3, Casey Cizikas won the first game of a doubleheader in Norfolk by driving the net and getting catapulted into the goalie.
Highlights are up for Bridgeport's crazy overtime win in Norfolk Friday night. Watch below or at the Sound Tigers YouTube channel.
- Nice work Brock Nelson, making mince meat of two defensemen before setting up John Persson.
- Not sure which hole Ty Wishart's go-ahead (briefly) shot found, but it looked like a bullet from here.
- Casey Cizikas in OT: Not quite "the shift," but damn, he drove the zone to draw the powerplay, then drove the net (after Nino's penalty evened it up) for the game-winner. Nice to see someone get punished when their theory of defense involves driving an opposing forward into their own goalie.
- Speaking of which, Norfolk coach Trent Yawney said he was "just concerned about my goaltender." He might want to talk to his defenseman Mat [sic] Clark about doing a Jurcina on his goalie.
- About that Nino Niederreiter OT penalty: I get why he's upset with that call.
- As JPinVA noted in the prior thread about that scrum which briefly involved David Ullstrom: "The poor guy just got back from missing games, and pulled the wrong pedal of the 'he loves me, he loves me not” scrum rose.'"
- Anders Nilsson is large, solid, good -- but I can't help the feeling I'd like him to end up out of the crease less. Maybe that's the nervous ninny in me.
- Fornabaio has some from Scott Pellerin, including the hope that Brock Nelson (puck or stick to the mouth) is ready to go tonight.
The teams are back at it, same place, for a rematch tonight.