"You want me to trade who?" - Bruce Bennett
Travis Hamonic is handling life in the AHL well. Griffin Reinhart faces the Russians.
A round up of this and that in locked-out New York Islanders and rather swell Bridgeport Sound Tigers Country:
- Tonight (Wednesday) Griffin Reinhart represents the WHL in the Subway [sic] Super Series against a team of Russian juniors. It should air on NHL Network in the U.S. and Sportsnet in Canada. Here are story lines, if you're into those.
- Speaking of prospects, here's the latest roundup at the official site, with more love for the Niagara boys and Adam Pelech, who faces them tonight.
- With the Sound Tigers off to a good start, Travis Hamonic was a guest on Hockey This Morning Tuesday. He again cited the influence of Steve Staios in his transition to becoming an NHL pro. Garth Snow was also on Sirius/XM today, so be on the lookout for that audio.
- Jack Capuano likes the Bridgeport goalies.
- Kevin Schultz at IPB had himself a look-see at the Barclays Center.
- The Islanders' skate-at-the-Coliseum fundraiser for Hurricane Sandy relief was a hit. So they're adding a creative auction to raise more funds, including the chance to watch a game with GM Garth Snow.
- Humor: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Lockout.
- Patrick Marleau and Jeremy Roenick are not fond of one another.
- Not sure if I promoted this before, but this is the rarely told story of how Adam Oates' contract demands broke up the most riveting on-ice duo I've ever seen. Appropriate for a lockout year.
- Sponsor thing: I'm sure you're lady won't mind Samsung making over your living room, no?