Bruce Bennett - Getty Images
A little of this and that from a Sunday without NHL hockey:
- Back to two goalies in Bridgeport: Ken Reiter has been assigned to ECHL Fort Wayne.
- Connecticut Post on 6'3" Brock Nelson getting bigger.
- In case you didn't see this earlier, an English interview with John Tavares on playing in Switzerland.
- Kirill Petrov is 4-2-6 in 13 games so far for Ak Bars Kazan. Leads the team with 39 shots on goal. Some thoughts on his game in this comment.
- Travis Hamonic talks about meeting young fans.
- Want to learn goalie from Garth Snow? GM lessons are extra.
- Hornick on some Octobers of yesteryear.
- And the Sound Tigers lines at practice were a little different, with that all-Swede line we saw indeed together but with David Ullstrom as its center:
- Very cool run down of old unis from Uni Watch through a Hockey Hall of Fame Book of Jerseys.
- Cool Google Map of NHLers now in Europe. Did not realize Wolski is playing in Poland.
- A review of how the lockout might affect each team on a competitive basis. Says it helps the Isles.
Neil Smith says the 1994 lockout hurt hockey. But, I mean, of course he would.
- Mike Smith says the lockout is silly, and the players will eventually get their money anyway so just get it done.
- Good one-on-one with Donald Fehr, who's been giving a few of those to get the PA's side in the press.
- Finally, DGB: Down Goes Brown: The discarded out-takes from the NHLPA's message to fans
May your Sunday be rhetoric- and propaganda-free. (Yeah, good luck with that!)