Christopher Pasatieri - Getty Images
All eyes on the kid line, but Bridgeport Sound Tigers training camp thankfully has several Islanders stories to watch.
Bridgeport Sound Tigers training camp continued in Syosset Monday, and it's clear from some of the reactions around here that the camp line of Kirill Kabanov and Nino Niederreiter centered by Brock Nelson has prospect-gazing New York Islanders fans intrigued.
As a group, the trio represents the most interesting batch of Islanders prospects dispatched to Bridgeport at once in quite a while. They are like the forward version of Calvin de Haan, Matt Donovan and Aaron Ness -- except with even greater potential.
Lines from camp, per the Islanders:
Here are Ness and Nelson mic'd up at camp:
Other items of note:
- Kevin Schultz talked to Calvin de Haan about the ol' "faster, stronger" vocation for camp.
- From Sunday, Michael Fornabaio talked to Nino Niederreiter about his approach in Year 2 as a pro.
- And the official site talked to John Persson about his move to North America, and his adjustment from feeder for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to go-to guy in Red Deer.
- Not at Sound Tigers camp, but: Video with Griffin Reinhart doing some cool literacy charity work.
- At Notre Dame, Anders Lee isn't just moving to center -- he's also the new Fighting Irish captain.
Finally, the Islanders conducted a Twitter Q&A between Nelson and fans yesterday. So you know he prefers Underwood to Swift (I think those are country singers or something). pronounces the nut "P-can," and admires Anze Kopitar's game. For more, check the Islanders Twitter timeline and look for another one to come soon.
Training camp continues ... for one part of the Islanders family anyway.