If we enter the regular season, now less than 2 weeks away, without further injuries, then we are going to have to make some very difficult choices - more after the jump...
For example, my reading of the Forward depth is as follows
Top 6 = Tavares, Moulson, Nino, FNGO
3rd/4ht lines = Rolston - Bailey - Parenteau/Comeau - Reasoner - Haley/ Martin
13th Forward = Gillies
and so the Tough Choices here (barring injuries/trades/FA signings - and assuming Nino sticks with MM/JT)
1) who is 3rd line LW - Comeau or Rolston?
2) does Martin go down to Bridgeport or does Haley? what about Dibenedetto? Ullstrom?
some tough choices in here to be made
perhaps one of these two guys starts on the IR given injuries - Reasoner/Rolston - and Martin & Haley start with the team for now
on D, we look like
Streit, Hamonic, Jurcina, Eaton, Macdonald,, Wishart, Mottau - the 7 D listed as on the team at islanders.com
assuming MacDonald starts the year on the IR, Staios might get a chance
Ness has impressed as a possible partner for Hamonic - perhaps he instead would replace MacDonald for now
so the tough choices here are
3) Staios - sign him to a 2-way possibly? if not, who partners with Streit? still thinking this person may not be on the team as of today
4) Wishart - who would his partner be?
5) Eaton-Jurcina - can this be the 5/6 combo?
6) Ness - can he partner with Hamonic if Macdonald isn't quite ready for opening day?
7) Mottau - is there really a spot for him on this team? Wouldn't Reese be a better 7th D man?
and of course in Goal, looks like we will have 2 three headed monsters
hopefully they will assign Koskinen to another team that needs a keeper so he can get some playing time which he needs - he is clearly #6
Poulin/Nilsson would appear to be a lock to be Bridgeport's tandem in net
8) who starts for the Islanders? I say Montoya, with DP as backup - and lets see what Nabby has on Tuesday
going to be an interesting next 2 weeks to say the least
bring on opening day - can't wait
what do you think of these choices?