Hey hipster, what's happenin'? I see you got yourself one of them fancy iPhones my nephew begs for every birthday, Christmas, 4th of July, and NHL Season Opener. I myself do not -- but I do feel, and hear, your pain.
So if you haven't seen the banners, I'm happy to tell you the SB Nation iPhone app is now available in the App Store. (Yes, it's free ... Is zero cents per day too much to ask to better enable your reading Lighthouse Hockey on the train, in the theater, and on the throne?)
Of course this means you can stay on top of news and retro-live-blogs for all 300+ SB Nation blogs from your iPhone. There are more features, future steps, and instructions below. (If you don't have an iPhone but do have a mobile device that can fry eggs and pour drinks, SBN's tireless developers are working on apps for those platforms as well.)
Hopefully this makes your experience here better. New features will be added as they work those out. For me, I just hope this doesn't stop Keith's autocorrect from posting "rape silly" when he types "especially," nor "Blagojevich!!" when he types "#$% Blake Comeau!!"
With the SB Nation iPhone app you can:
- Get the latest, breaking sports news as it happens
- Customize your news with your favorite teams, sports and blogs (including BLOGNAME)
- Get notified of updates to the stories you choose to follow on SBNation.com, regional sites, Baseball Nation, and MMA Nation
- Read and reply to comments
Here's how to get it:
Go to the App Store on your iPhone and search for "SB Nation"
-- OR --
- An Android version of the app is coming soon. Hopefully by the end of the year
- The app is free
- Comments are basic read-and-reply, but SB Nation has plans to enhance them in future updates
- You can use your existing SB Nation user name and password to log in to the app
Any questions, feedback, comments? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seriously, thanks to all you readers and commenters for making apps like this worth the developers' while. This isn't just intended to meet the needs of existing users, but also to help make the site more accessible to new readers.
And for those of you who never read this site on mobile, I join you in shaking my fist and shooing these other folks off our lawn.