"Yes! I can eat dinner in peace."
A common joke during Lighthouse Hockey game threads this year was, "Hey, did you know Matt Moulson is Jonathan Quick's brother-in-law? I know right?!" For those who watched broadcasts of 82 games or so, it seemed to be mentioned a time or 500.
Yesterday those tending that joke got their payback, as the brothers-in-law visit to NHL HQ yielded a ton of stories on official nhl.com channels. That's not to say they aren't nice stories. Just that...wait, so they're related? Get OUT!
Oh, to be sure, there is other news to share, too. Atlanta is still a dead team walking. And some business owners are P.I. Pissed about the latest Coliseum proposal. Same as it ever was.You Mean to Tell Me their Wives are Sisters?
- Moulson shoots on Quick during the summer. When he can.
- But Kings-Islanders games suck for those two. For their wives, it's bragging rights. (The stories about in-law hazing at dinner are honestly pretty fun.)
- Also, Moulson repeats for the 100th time: He digs where the Isles are headed. Dude.
- And he offers some comments about Dwayne Roloson (although their honestly pretty paint-by-numbers).
- Roloson is nice.
- At such a bargain price, Nabokov is maybe important to keep? [Point Blank]
- The Flyers fans at Broad Street Hockey weigh Nabokov.
- More on the Majors, led by Casey Cizikas, as the Memorial Cup begins tonight.
Hockey is for Atlanta, Winnipeg, and All Points in Between. If You Have a Building
Like Sweden: Great SwedishIslander interview with Stefan Persson, now fully translated.
- And Fantasy Wonks: After yesterday's Dobber-friendly tweet, I guess he's won some new Isles fans.
And Winnipeg? The leaked report from a reporter who...I have been wary of before. [FanShot discussion here] Then everybody disputes it. Then no one knows what's going on, but signs point to "soon."
- What about Quebec? Speed bump.
- Surely it's fine in Edmonton though, yes? Their arena proposal moved along a bit.
- You know what I wish? I wish people who rip southern hockey better understood just how much the shift in the exchange rate affected the fortunes of Canadian and new U.S. teams.
- Hockey is for drafting teenagers, even if this class is more about depth than high-end talent.
Coliseum Referendum Stuff
- Newsday: Island developers don't feel like Wang should get first crack just because he won the RFP for the land in 2005. I am shocked -- SHOCKED -- to hear other entrepreneurs want in on the action.
- Do you smell D'Amato? I smell D'Amato. [op/ed on Coliseum referendum]
- Botta talks to the head of the association for making Long Island better 'n stuff.
- Ed Magano's plan as described at the County site.
Alert to LHH Mock Drafters: Please see this post for instructions on our LHH Mock Draft.