Everybody's in the mood for wanting. Wanting for Christmas, wanting for a better season, wanting a better finish to 2011 and a climb out of the dregs of the East.
- Chris issues his list of what he wants under the tree tomorrow here (think forward).
- ATL Jim has his one pretty-pretty-pretty please wish from Santa here (think venue).
- Ryan Strome would like to be a difference-maker at the WJC here [Fanshot over here].
Lots of interesting notes in that Strome link, including talk of his overall play suffering when he first got back from NHL camp (how often we hear that about a junior pick) despite the point streak. This (and more) from his junior coach:
"I think [seeing how Tavares works on improving his game] is a great experience for Ryan because he’s got things he needs to work on," Williamson said. "His hands are wonderful but he doesn’t need to be practising that all the time. He has to get stronger and I think he can improve on his skating and edges and how dynamic he can be on the ice."
More links for your nogging after the jump.
Last night's loss through the eyes of:
- Well, us (with usual Isles and NHL recap links there)
- NYIFYI with a look at those refs
- The Checking Line
Okposo Net, with thoughts on Okposo (50th NHL goal) and anticipating Strome Monday
- Eric Hornick's Skinny
- Newsday, where Kimberly Martin draws pre-Christmas Eve duty
- IPB with the video clips of Weight going, "You [Avery]'d up!" to the circus clowns who reffed last night.
- Mark's a.m. post on Streit underperforming, and Dylan Reese pleasantly surprising.
- Oh, and speaking of Christmas wishes, Ron Wilson toys with Toronto media with his via Twitter.
If you're hanging out and surfing or avoiding family, as always feel free to share further links in comments (and, of course, as FanShots).
Or share your wishes for what Santa should leave you. I'm with ATL Jim: Arena certainty would soothe a lot of day-to-day anxieties.