This, that and even some what-not from last night's shootout blanking and other topics in Islanders Country:
Penguins 3*, Islanders 2 (SO): Our recap (inc. Nabokov post-game video) | The Post takes the Rick DiPietro appearance | Newsday talks to Evgveni Nabokov about the malady that had him bail on the shootout (sounds like a groin or hip) | 7th Woman | IPB (not Keith this time) | Okposo Net recap points out it was Kyle's 200th NHL game | Post-Gazette with some photos and notes | Notes, and Hulk talk, from the Trib's Rob Rossi
- Newsday had a bit on Milan Jurcina's return, Mike Mottau's departure from the lineup, and the odd feeling Jack Capuano must have with seven healthy defensemen at his disposal.
- Botta tracks down the history and owner of the mythical 1993 "Patrick Playoff Champions" banner.
- History is great and all, but the current Islanders wanted a bit of a locker room art refresh. Okay, fair enough. But now you boys have to deliver. For the time-being, only Bossy, Trots and Gillies get to overshadow my wedding photo.
- Here is Michael Fornabaio's Bridgeport chat.
- I thought the contract was foolish of the Flyers, but I never said Ilya Bryzgalov wasn't a fun interview. Check him discussing the 9-8 slaughter. Broad Street's recap was fantastic.
- Few days old, but a great read from the "anonymous player" at Yahoo on the Shanaban Era.
- DGB: The NHL's Application Form for Disgruntled NBA Fans.
- Finally: Fill in your own quip for this random Internet allegation about the Isles bus.