Guess what? The calendar turns to September this week. I smell hockey.
- This will tick off a few of you: Alex Tanguay has signed with Tampa Bay (pending physical), believed to be for ... $2.5 million. Fan reaction at Raw Charge. Great point about a compelling modern-day "French Connection" Line at Litter Box Cats. Fun Puck Daddy take: Strikes yet another blow to "sourcing" anonymous rumors based on message board chatter, no? I mean Tanguay was already a Coyote and a Panther this summer, according to man-bytes-wisdom purveyors.
- Hilarious: Former junior star-turned-enigmatic Oilers prospect Rob Schremp appears not to get it. [Lowetide]
- In the never-ending convergence between lawyering and PR, Balsillie's latest filings include a self-proclaimed "shocking revelation" that the Leafs as late as 2006 believed they had veto rights over Southern Ontario. [From the Rink] Worse still for the NHL? One economist puts a relocation fee at ... $13 million. [gulp]
- Preview time! View from Section 317 has part 1 up, reviewing the Islanders' summer.
- Forever1940 catches that Tavares' preseason Islanders debut (if he plays) vs. Vancouver will be on NHL Network.
- The Drive for Five pays tribute to Sillinger and drools over the new NHL 10 from EA Sports.
- If you missed it, Puck Daddy's 12-team tribute to Sillinger was sublime.
- Do not panic. Islanders Point Blank didn't go anywhere. The search for a new IPB home continues while Botta goes national at AOL.
- Finally, 7th Woman with a fun review of the very wet Long Island Tweetup. My favorite factoid: "@Islesblogger and @NYIsles10 were taking shots on a pint size goalie at the opposite end. Very few were going in." Ohhh...snap!