A fine Friday morning to ya'. Original content coming later ('cause I know you're dying to grade Freddy Meyer IV), but today we have enough fresh Isles stuff around the Web for a links post, plus an(other) unsettling bit of league news:
- The league looks bad with the 'Yotes deal. Now all they need is ... union turmoil? TSN/Dreger | Pierre LeBrun
- Beautiful: We've seen John Tavares in blue retro threads, but here he is in full game uniform. [Islesblogger]
- That Islanders in-game ops survey? Bryan at The Rivalry gives his answers. [NY Hockey Rivalry]
- Botta's history essay was Turgeon-heavy, so you know I liked it. [Islanders Point Blank]
- Read Russian? Me neither, but here are my Islanders thoughts for a Russian site. I'll post the original as a FanPost.
- 7th Woman heard Sillinger praise Doug Weight, so she votes him for captain. (But then at the deadline we'd be dealing our captain ... oh, right.)
- More Sillinger thoughts: Islanders Outsider | 7th Woman | NYI Fan Central | Silver Seven Sens | Litter Box Cats
- Islanders Independent contributor Steve Kotchek with Part III of his Impact Islanders list.
- And now: Amusing promo from the Detroit News about ... Darren McCarty's taxes. [Barry Melrose Rocks]