A few p.m. links that tickled the blogger's fancy:
- If I told you those Lecavalier-to-Habs rumors had legs, but one organization botched handling it, which organization's management do you think did the botching, and which one kept mum? [Habs Eyes on the Prize]
- Speaking of the careful Bob Gainey, Guy Lafleur really does not like how his former teammate is treating Alex Kovalev. [Montreal Gazette]
- What, all Habs? Not really, but this Ron Wilson line about the Habs' young goalie Carey Price has me hoping Wilson never talks about Islanders players. (Nathan Arizona: "Don't print that son. His mama reads that she'll just lose all hope.") [Kuklas Korner]
- To take their best shot, the Bruins need a winger and a defenseman. Hard to see them having the salary room (going forward) for Brendan Witt, but he could help. [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- Leafs fans await Mats Sundin's return with
anger joy mixed emotions indifferencebipolar ups and downs. [Pension Plan Puppets]
The Islanders-Hurricanes game thread will be up later. But I may be grocery shopping for the start. Hey, a $10-coupon in this economy has to be cashed in.